Sunday, November 19, 2006

Welcome to Michigan!




Greetings to all our family and friends!
My sister-in-law Missy, sister Nora, and cousin Amber all have blogs and I love checking them so I thought I would add to the fun. Since we live so far away I hope it will help us keep in touch with all of you.
Life is going great in Michigan! We were all very sad when #2 ranked Michigan lost to #1 ranked Ohio State in the last game of the season, but at least it was a close game. There was a big Elders Quorum party at a members home so it was lots of fun being in on all the action. I have to admit I spent a lot more time socializing with the wives and sampling the food than actually watching the game but it was a great time. After attending Utah State it's been a bit of a transition for us rooting for a really good team. Football is intense in the Midwest!
We threw our first big Halloween Bash. We had it the day before so all the kids could still go trick-or-treating. One of our friends made a rice and hamburger concoction and cooked it in a hollowed out pumpkin, yum! Seth made Frankenstein cupcakes out of marshmallows and Charlie and I made some delicious putrid punch! It was fun to see all the little kids dressed in their costumes going crazy because they had eaten nothing but candy. Charlie wore the Dog costume which was celebrating it's 30th anniversary (my mom made it in 1976). I attempted to make a spider pinnate but it had an untimely death when it was accidentally dropped. It was a great night! We are really looking forward to Thanksgiving this week. We wish we could be with family but luckily we have great friends we can share it with.

5 comments:

Missy said...

Yeah Sharon!! I am glad you have a blog. Great to hear about your family and see some pictures.

Anonymous said...

Sharon: It was good to hear from you...I have been wondering how you were doing and also about Holly and Tim and Emmary! You've let your hair grow! It looks good, but then it always did. I hope graduate school has been good for Seth and that he is doing well, though I don't see how he could be doing anything else but well!

Take care and I will your blog from time to time, so remember us here in Logan!

Karen

Karen Ranson, Advisor and Friend!

Anonymous said...

Glad to read your blog. I need to read all other family member's blogs too. Much is going on here, like usual.
DAD

Anonymous said...

Hey sharon, Nice blog.

Tom

Nora Mair said...

Hi Sharon Cute puppy Charlie! Addie asked what a 'devil' is. I told here a guy with horns. Post more pictures. Can't wait for the wedding.