Our Christmas trip was wonderful! I have decided that I'm not that fond of flying but I'm still very grateful our trip to Utah took a few hours instead of a few days. We spent a week with the Thackers and a week with the Ackersons and we were able to see almost everyone. Our trip started with the climax of my sister Donna's weeding. Her sealing was incredible and of course she was very beautiful (she reminded me of Gweneth Paltrow from Emma). We were all just grateful she decided to get married the day before the snow came.
We spent Christmas eve and Christmas day with the Thackers. There were plenty of goodies so I was happy and there was lots of farm equipment so Charlie was happy. He got to ride on a backhoe and a tractor with Grandpa and we new he had a great time when he blessed them in his prayer that night. Besides visiting with everybody we did lots of relaxing.
The day after Christmas we headed to the Ackerson cabin for more food, presents, and sledding. It was actually almost too warm for sledding. We taught my sister and her husband how to play our new favorite game "Peurto Rico." I hope they enjoy it.
I can't believe how fast our trip went by! We didn't get a chance to eat at Cafe Rio, but hopefully in July. It was lots of fun but it has been nice to be back in our own house and our own bed. January seems to be the month of projects, especially with they baby coming. Yesterday Seth spent the day laying carpet on our hardwood steps that lead up to the second floor. Charlie took a really bad fall down them last week so the project quickly moved to the top of the list. Luckily Charlie wasn't seriously hurt but he had bumps and bruises all over his head. The stairs look beautiful and I don't feel like I'm waking the neighborhood when I walk down them.










No comments:
Post a Comment