Friday, January 25, 2008

Utah Trip Take 5!

Seth,I and the kids had an incredible visit to Utah. We literally saw, and visited everywhere and saw almost everybody! We planned the trip so we could see Collette and Mike's sealing to their cute daughter Cassie! The sealing was in the Vernal Temple and Cassie looked beautiful in her dress! I'm so thankful for forever families!


Other highlights of the trip were:
A grand trip to Pocatello with Nora and her four kids to visit Vanessa and her 3 almost 4 kids(a Honda Pilot really can fit 8 people)! That made a total of nine kids running around Vanessa's house four two days. They had lots of fun and the sisters enjoyed talking, learning machine quilting, and eating Vanessa's delicious home made bread!



I went snowboarding with my mom! That's right, my mom is a snowboarder and I am not, so she gave me lessons and it was a blast. It was amazing to watch my own mother coast down the mountain making it look so easy! Thanks for the lesson mom!

I got to go to lunch and visit with my high school friends. We had a great time reminiscing and catching up! You all looked so good!

Donna and I went to St George to Visit Holly and Tim (friends from Logan) and also to bask in warm 50 degree weather! We talked a lot, shopped at the outlets, visited Entrada (where they filmed High School Musical 2), and ate at Cafe Rio. On the way home we dropped by Cedar City to visit Lydia, who Donna and I grew up with. She has such a cute little family! Thanks for driving Donna!





I did all that before Seth flew in for the second week. I picked him up from the airport and we headed for Altamont to visit with the Thackers. Of course the sealing was the big highlight. I also had card making lessons from Seth's mom and Charlie got to ride Grandpa's horse and the tractor! More Fun! On Friday we headed back to Salt Lake for Cassie's baby blessing.


On Saturday we went to the Ackerson Cabin for some great sledding and Vaughn and Vilate were able to join us along with Tom and Kim and my parents. I hiked up that sledding hill at least 20 times but it was such a fun trip down I kept going up. Charlie loved it as well! The hill got really chopped up later in the day but Seth kept going down. He looked like a cowboy! I'm hoping to get some good sledding pictures from my brother Tom!

Sunday night we had a family dinner where we were able to see almost everybody in my family. My mom made her famous meatballs and then we headed to the Mairs for a wii party and homemade ice cream. It really tasted better in a class bowl!

On Monday we played at Nora's house and watched the snow fall. Then we flew home on Tuesday. I LOVE sky cap! It was a great trip even thought we drove over 1200 miles once we got to Utah! My kids were incredible travelers.

6 comments:

Missy said...

It was good seeing you guys! I found another website to get a Wii, but I only had to do 3 offers, I hope it works!

Miranda said...

Wow, looks like a great, action-packed Utah invasion. I'm so glad you had a good time. The kids are getting so big. Matthew looks like a little man now. I miss them! I hope you're well and recovering from all your travels. I'm still giggling about our little "family ties!" ;) Did you call your mom?

Kim said...

So fun to get a recap of all your travels. It was great to see you and your cute family. You've got some great pictures! The boys are too cute:) (I'll have to get Tom to post some of the actual sledding pictures; they're on his camera.)

Nora Mair said...

It was so fun you came. I love that you documented it all. Picture of fun are fun...we have got to make a pact of catching up on albums too. Seth--I ate all the bars--all of them.

Lisa said...

How great that you got to go to their sealing! We're glad to have you back in MI though!

Miss Deja said...

Wow! What a trip? I wish I could have been in Utah so I could have met up with you and your cute boys! I'm jealous, you got to see Lydia too, that's awesome! Wow, everyone is so grown up, I feel so behind. I can't wait to have my own little family. Your boys look so happy...you lucky girl! :)