
My mom is a women of a million talents. She can pretty much figure out how to do anything. I've always wanted a Halloween costume, so we started in on a Mini Mouse costume. I really shouldn't say "we" because she did it all herself, but I kept her company and listened to some fun family stories. Of course the costume turned out perfect! Thanks mom!

I have hated my kitchen floor from the moment we moved in. Call me a snob but it was bad. Think of a cracked, dirty, cafeteria floor. It soaked dirt in and the only way to get it off was with a magic eraser. Thanks to some friends who first made the investment, I purchased some peel-and-stick linoleum from Lowes. I conveniently planned this project for when my mom was around, because if you know my mom, you know she can do flooring! It turned out Beautiful! Every time I walk into my kitchen I get excited. I'm shocked when I sweep it and get a pile of dirt because it never looks dirty!

Before:(

After:)

Laying the final piece!
We did manage to have a little fun while they were here. We did the Michigan tradition of going to a cider mill to pick lots of apples, eat lots of donuts, and drink lots of cider!


From all those apples came this yummy apple crisp, another Aunt Nancy recipe!
We also went to Dearborn (near Detroit) to the Ford Rouge Plant. They have a great tour and you can walk around on a cat walk and watch them make the Ford F-150. My Dad was in heaven and I think my mom enjoyed it just as much. You can see this machine with a large arm that picks up a wind shield and plops it down right into place. Very cool!
Thank for coming mom and dad and for everything you did for us while you were here!
8 comments:
Wow, your mom really is a woman of many talents! And so is your dad! Sounds fun.
I mean, your dad is a MAN of many talents...:P
So that's where your cute costume came from! What a great mom....glad you guys had so much fun together!
I remember you mom being a Wonder Woman! I love that they come and visit every year, I wish I could work something like that out, sometimes I feel so cut off from both my famil and Tom's (phone calls and email, just don't seem like enough).
P.S. You have got to post a picture of you Halloween costume! I made myself a pirate costume this year, it's the first time since 6th grade that I 've dressed up. I don't know about you but it made me feel like a school girl again!
I'm glad your parents came to stay. Your mom looks fantastic, as do you. I hope all is well in Michigan.
SO...Where are the PICTURES of you wearing the minnie mouse sorume. That's what I want to see!
I need you to help me get that free Wii. Do I have to get other people to join in or how does it work. I know it is probably complicated to explain, but can you get me started?? Thanks!
So that's why we haven't had a Grandma/Grandpa visit for a few weeks. Ok, I know we should share. Anyway, it looks like you all had a really fun time.
And here's another shout out for the costume pics. We've got to see them.
Great pictures. I love them.
Post a Comment