Monday, January 5, 2009

84 degree water and bathing suits!



Surprise! The Lius were very generous and surprised us with a trip to the Great Wolf Lodge in Sandusky, Ohio for a couple nights after Christmas! They booked the trip before they knew they were becoming parents but really, a newborn is way easier to travel with than a two year old, so they decided to still go. To say we had a great time would be an understatement. We LOVE indoor water parks; no sunburns, no sunscreen, and no cold gusts of wind. I'm not sure why Utah hasn't caught on to this perfect family getaway, but it would be an instant hit. Sandusky, Ohio is the capital of indoor water parks (they have five, I think)!
The Lius were troopers even though they were REALLY tired, Mandy even gave me some swimming lessons. Jonah is an angel baby and I'm still trying to remember if I ever heard him cry. There is nothing more perfect than holding a newborn baby.
Our little boys were in heaven. Water basketball, water slides and a hot tub kept them completely entertained. Charlie has really come a long way from being terrified of water to jumping right in!
A favorite moment was when I saw a girl reading Twilight in the hot tub. Maybe I would have enjoyed it more had I read it in a hot tub:)
Sandusky was even nice enough to offer us a Cici's Pizza. There is nothing quite like macaroni and cheese pizza! We had a wonderful trip, thanks Lius!
Who's up for the Kalahari in February?



Matthew's favorite part of the park was when the bucket would dump out a whole bunch of water. A bell would start to ring right before it dumped and it didn't matter what we were doing, Matthew would strain to see it!


The swimming Star!


I'm sad this picture turned out blurry, Matthew was splashing a random girl...




Charlie and baby kitty, Matthew and baby monkey, Mandy and baby Jonah!

charlie dominating the slides!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like SO much fun!!!

Elizabeth said...

Sign us up!! I know that the Quinns, Ellises and Cherrys want to go too. So, lets get a few suites, pack them with people and have a party. Glad you guys had a great time!!

Hubers said...

I LOVE winter swimming...looks awesome!

Byron said...

I thought we could all go again in Feb! Are you going to be all Sanduskied out, or will you be up for more? Glad you had fun, props to the Lius on the sweet gift. Your boys are a fun age for the water park!

Janie said...

Fun! We still have not done this, I really think we need to make it a priority. I love the picture of your boys holding babies with Mandy holding Jonah. So sweet.

Jonah's Place said...

We had lots of fun too. We love you guys!

Kerri said...

We're missing out I see. You know how much I hate that :) Hope the holidays were fun. Loves from the Costleys

Tiffany said...

I am officially jealous! Utah really does need to get some of these places!

Deirdra said...

I was amazed to see you are friends with Eddie and Mandy. It's a small world, we were in their parents ward here in Green River and Mandy is an amazing girl! I am oh so happy for them and their darling new baby. What a blessing. Hope all is well with you and your cute kids. I always love to catch up on peoples blogs.

Unknown said...

yeah, i would definitely buy a lifetime pass if they had one in utah! how fun!