Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Quick Trip Home!

At the beginning of May, Lucy and I took our first Mother/Daughter trip and jumped a plane to Utah. It was a wonderful vacation (I missed the boys but being the parent of one baby is about the easiest thing in the world)! We flew in a few hours before my niece Addie's Baptism.


She looked beautiful in her dress and I was so happy I could be there for her special day. The Sweet Pork meat (Cafe Rio style) Nora made for the after party was heavenly, I love good food and family! It was nice to sit around and visit with all my sibilings, especially my sisters (we missed you Monica).

One of these gals is NOT like the others:)


My darling nieces.
We were able to spend and evening with Seth's family but unfortunately I forgot my camera. Once again, great food and family!
My Logan best friend Holly gave birth to a beautiful little girl just TEN days before I arrived. It was amazing to see such a small baby. It was also her daughters birthday so we had to have a party!


Check out that hair, Lucy only dreams of it!

I was able to visit my grandparents down in Orem, what wonderful people. Grandma loved Lucy's rolls which are quite impressive these days!

I met up with these beautiful ladies for "Tracy's Peanut Butter Cup" at Leatherby's! We are getting older and older and yet they are looking younger and younger!

I had the opportunity to go to my cousins wedding with my mom, what an inspiring sealing! It was a BEAUTIFUL day!

It's a wonderful thing when good friends move within close proximity to family! Look at those darling boys (Eddie and Mandy are cute too). They indulged my request and we had Cafe Rio for dinner.

It was a nice get away but it was wonderful to see the boys waiting for us at the airport!

4 comments:

Troy said...

your little lucy is so cute! i feel just like i did with my second, who was much, MUCH chubbier than the first. that is, i could just eat her. she looks so yummy! =)

i wish i could have been there to catch up with you, lori, and tiff! turns out the hubby and i will be making our way to AK for a few years, so it'll get even tougher, but maybe someday the planets will align just right and you and i will make it to UT at the same time. =) (oh, and if that meeting takes place, you'll soon find out that some of us actually age the right way...=) i have gray hairs--almost streaks--and a wrinkle for every one of my 26 almost 27 years, plus pregnancies and child birthing, plus how often my toddler(s) create mischief, plus losing my sight and stubbornly refusing to wear my glasses except to drive...the aging list goes on)

--laura

The Johnsons said...

So I met your friend Mandy and her boys the other day at the park. Her parents live in Green River, WY too. Small world! I was just looking at your blog and was like hey I know her. Anyway, I just thought it was interesting. Have a great day!
Stephanie

The Cherry Family said...

So fun! and Lucy is sooo cute!! I love the rolls, the clothes, the headbands. And you're looking good too! Sporting some stylin' duds! We miss you guys. I hope some day soon we can meet up!

Jill said...

You did a lot for a "quick trip!" How fun to see so much family and friends!

Lucy is just so beautiful! And she is so well dressed!

Tell Seth congrats on his award!