Surprise, Surprise! Seth was honored with an award for outstanding work in rheumatology. It's given every year to someone in the department doing outstanding clinical or research work. It was a wonderful moment to sit back and here all about what Seth has been up to for the last five years. He's not one to toot his own horn so I don't think I have gotten a full scope of everything he's been involved in(like EIGHT papers)!! Anyway, it was a wonderful evening, spent with great food, and a great husband! I'm thinking he really will graduate and get a job someday;)
Thursday, June 3, 2010
The Abraham H. Grant Scholastic Award
A few weeks ago Seth told me he had been invited to the Rheumatology departments fellows graduation dinner. This struck him as odd because while Seth is in the Rheumatology department, he does research, not "doctoring." I said I was indifferent about going and since he doesn't have a lot of interaction with the fellows he declined the invite. A couple of days ago his mentor sent him an e-mail saying he really needed to get a "nanny" and go to the dinner. So we worked some babysitting magic, gussied ourselves up and went.
Surprise, Surprise! Seth was honored with an award for outstanding work in rheumatology. It's given every year to someone in the department doing outstanding clinical or research work. It was a wonderful moment to sit back and here all about what Seth has been up to for the last five years. He's not one to toot his own horn so I don't think I have gotten a full scope of everything he's been involved in(like EIGHT papers)!! Anyway, it was a wonderful evening, spent with great food, and a great husband! I'm thinking he really will graduate and get a job someday;)

Surprise, Surprise! Seth was honored with an award for outstanding work in rheumatology. It's given every year to someone in the department doing outstanding clinical or research work. It was a wonderful moment to sit back and here all about what Seth has been up to for the last five years. He's not one to toot his own horn so I don't think I have gotten a full scope of everything he's been involved in(like EIGHT papers)!! Anyway, it was a wonderful evening, spent with great food, and a great husband! I'm thinking he really will graduate and get a job someday;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Congrats Seth! That is such a great accomplishment (and a great date night)!
Seth may graduate some day and be a doctor?! Humm... will you have any nanny openings then? I may need a job.
Congrats Seth!!! It's so nice to be rewarded for all of your hard work! Glad you guys had a fun night out!
wow, that is so awesome, and so like Seth! What a great honor! tell him congrats from us.
Way to go Seth!!! I'll be your nanny, but you have to move to UT!
That is so awesome! I am glad you found a nanny and went! Way to go Seth!
I'm so proud of you both! Congrats Seth for all of your hard work! Congrats to Sharon of all of her great work being a mom and wife! Luv ya all!
Congratulations Seth! We knew you were a smartie!
Post a Comment