Try saying that title 5x fast! I love end of the school year festivities. Charlie performed in the Kindergarten Spring Sing! I'm so glad he finally made it up on stage. What? Charlie got stage fright? I'm not sure. We had a disagreement about his wardrobe (I vetoed the jeans infavor of the dreaded "church pants"). It spiraled out of control from there. He started winning about how he did not want to sing and that his legs would hurt having to stand so long. This from a kid who has been looking forward to this event for days. I just acted normal and figured he would snap out of it when he got in the lunch room and saw his class and teacher. Well, the luchroom was really loud and he LOST it! I dragged him in and he started crying unconsolabley and dropped into a ball. Thankfully his kindergarten tacher (Ms Klein) saved the day. She was really confused becasue this is not normal Charlie behavior. She said he could just sit with her until he was ready to go up on stage. He calmed down a bit so I took off for the gym to find a seat. I was in the back so I coudln't really see much but they sounded like adorable kindergarteners. Thankfully Charlie only sat out a couple of songs before he jumped up on stage.

After the show our happy little Charlie returned and all has been forgotten. Who knows what the problem really was? To celebrate (and relieve lots of stress) we took the family to Washtenaw Dairy for Ice-cream. How will we live withought these monster ice-cream cones? A couple of Charlie's class mates (Anabelle and Ian) had the same great idea.
Do you like the child size cones?
I LOVE this picture!
The next evening was the schools annual Spring Fling! I wasn't expecting such an event but it made for a fun evening. The PTA sold tickets and you used the tickets to buy pizza, drinks, and play carnival games. I think everyone from the school showed up, there was a lot going on.
Nice form Charlie!
The highlight of the eveing for Matthew was when he won the cupcake walk and picked out these cupcakes as his prize. We decided the best way to play this game was to have our whole family play together. It cost us four tickets but the better odds payed off.
Her daddy spent the majority of the evening chasing this girl around the grounds. She loved all the hype!
We are moving to Maryland the beginning of July. I'm not sure I've metnioned it on the blog. I'm actually in the process of creating a new blog becasue we will not be "Thackers in Michigan" anymore. I'll post the new address when it is all ready!
No comments:
Post a Comment