Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Big Apple AND Brooklyn!

I had the great opportunity to go to New York City with my best buddy Mandy! A fellow teacher she taught with in Ann Arbor now lives in Brooklyn so we had a place to stay, why not go? There might have been a few reasons, but I'm so glad we went. We got to see and do a whole lot in a short amount of time. I missed my three boys and was grateful they were still happy and cute when I returned! Here is the break down of the trip!

My first New York taxi ride, I was trying to figure out where we were going. The driver was horrible and I was REALLY sick when it was over!


We rented bikes and rode all around Central Park and up the Hudson! It was a beautiful day and we got to see some great views!

Eating delicious New York Pizza in Brooklyn at Vesuvios! Our waiter, the buss boy, and the manager kept asking us if we really wanted the "Large." After the bike ride we were starving so of course we did. It really was Large which ended up being great because it fed us for three meals:)

Time Square, waiting for a bus!

China Town, great jewelry and pastries!

World Trade Center Sight

Walking across the Brooklyn Bridge! This was my favorite! It was beautiful and you could see everything!

The Statue of Liberty, so much bigger in person!


Ellis Island, I wish we had had more time here, it's a great museum!

We went and saw a show with my Alaskan friend Holly who is living the glamorous single life in New York (she's not from Alaska, we worked there together). I loved the show, Mary Poppins flew out into the audience as the grand finale!

Our wonderful host Rosemarie and Mandy. This is the theatre where some of her plays have been shown. She is amazing and I'm so thankful she let us stay with her. She showed us around Brooklyn and around lower Manhattan where we ate Falafel in Washington Park.
It was such a great trip, and with all trips we learned some great lessons!
1. Granola Bars can sustain you for long periods of time!
2. The subway is our friend!
3. Mandy thinks she's right 29% of the time!
4. New Yorkers are super nice!
5. It's all about carry-on luggage!
Lastly, I must mention my sponsor, Transcendent Innovations at www.myvideoipodforfree.com which made it finacially possible for me to take this trip!

10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

All I have to say is SO MUCH FUN!!!

Byron said...

You two are sooooo lucky! I'm so glad for you!

Anonymous said...

That pizza looks SOOOOO good. I am drooling right now! :)

Tim and Holly Fowers said...

Look at all the fun things you get to do when you leave the bubble of Utah!!! I gotta get out more :)

Anonymous said...

Even though I am in Florida I am sooooo jealous! I love NYC!

Donna and Bevan said...

you are so cool to do something like that. What a great way to spend your prize from freevideoipods. It motivates us to get ours done.

Janie said...

FUN!!!
That pizza looks huge and yummy. I am super jealous of your fun girls trip!

Unknown said...

How fun! What a great hubby to let you have some time to relax and rejuvenate!

Megan Marie said...

You are so lucky! We went to NYC last may and it was AWESOME!

Guinevere said...

NYC is magical!!! I loved to visit it with girlfriends...it's the BEST. You look amazingly happy!!