Friday, April 18, 2008

Hawkins come to Michigan!


Can I tell you that my most favorite thing in the world after my family and the gospel are visitors!! Donna and Bevan planned a spur of the moment trip to Michigan a few weeks ago when they found a great deal on air fair. They flew in Thursday afternoon and we have had a grand time. On Friday morning Donna and I got up early and went running. She kept exclaiming how "easy" it is to run at sea level. It brought back memories of myself running in Utah and gasping. Next we were off to AVEDA for hair cuts which went ok and took forever, plus we picked up their rental car which is a sweet ride. We went and picked up the kids and headed for some sights. I was hoping we could get into the stadium but it is all closed for construction. Bevan had to settle for an outside view. We had beautiful weather so we walked around campus and hooked them up with some Michigan paraphernalia. Bevan
says he's going to wear it when Michigan plays Utah this fall. GO BLUE! We enjoyed our first barbecue of the season and lots of ice cream. This morning we went on another run (due to all the ice cream) and Donna and Bevan took off to New York. I hope they have a great time at Niagara Falls, Buffalo, and Palmyra. I'm glad there coming back so we can have more fun! We are always up for visitors! Hint, Hint!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for visitors!

Miranda said...

Don't even tempt me or I'll go back up there. I had such a great time. I miss you guys so much!

Anonymous said...

How fun. I that a green squirrel shirt is see on Dona. Saawweeeet!

Tiffany said...

Sounds like you guys had a ton of fun! I really need to plan a trip to come see you!

Anonymous said...

I tagged you. Check out my blog to see how.

Tiffany said...

Yeah, a half marathon would be a blast! Which one would we do? There are a few to choose from! And FYI..Meg doesn't know I added her to my blog yet...I should probably tell her. :)

Miss Deja said...

Aww...Donna and Sharon. It's so fun to have such a big family so lots can come visit. Sounds like you guys had a blast.

Eddie, Mandy, and baby boys said...

Hooray for visitors. Thanks for letting us hang out with all of you. It was fun to finally meet Donna. I noticed her Pickle Power shirt too- love it.