Sunday, May 4, 2008

FSA (families supporting adoption) Activity!


I had the awesome opportunity to go to the Detroit temple last night with the Families Supporting Adoption group from LDS family services. Before the session we had a scrumptious dinner and then a prayer to start a fast for those in the adoption process. They had each person there explain how there life had been affected by adoption. Even though Seth and I haven't adopted we have definitely been affected by it! Our sister Collete and her husband Mike were able to adopt a baby girl last year after many years of praying and waiting. I have a good friend from high school who adopted a little boy from Ethiopia last year and hopes to adopt more. Mandy and Eddie are hoping to adopt through LDS family services anytime. It's amazing how mindful our Heavenly Father is of his children's righteous desires to have a family and the way he blesses them. I'm so thankful for families!
When I was in the temple I realized it had be exactly five years to the day when I had the opportunity to go to the temple for the first time and receive my endowment. It was nice to reflect back over the last five years and see how the temple has played a role in my life!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adoption is a wonderful thing. I have a 21 year old cousin who was adopted and I can't imagine life without her. It's funny how we end up with the families we're meant to be with.

Lisa said...

You are such a good friend to Mandy, I love how you are the greatest cheerleader!

Tiffany said...

That's awesome that you were able to have that experience!
Families and Temples truly are a blessing!

Eddie, Mandy, and baby boys said...

The activity on Saturday was so wonderful. Sharon, thanks for your support. Lisa said it best- you are the greatest cheerleader! Thanks:)

Anonymous said...

Dear FSA Member/ Adoptive Couple,

I am wanting to help all couples promote themselves and adoption more by making a ‘group’ on Facebook.com and wondered if I could include your blog on the site? It won’t be for any other reason but for more viewing opportunities for others. I thought it would be nice to get all the FSA/LDS adoptive couples blogs together for all to see and share.

Let me know if this is alright with you and I’d love to include your site on the group. If you are also on Facebook.com it will be the group called ‘Adoption It’s about Love’. I also have a group called ‘Families Supporting Adoption’ that I’d love to have you join. Please feel free to share this with others who have adoption blogs or websites.

Go, Go, Adoption!

Sincerely,
Alison Lowe
FSA National Board Member
fsa_ali@hotmail.com