Sunday, August 24, 2008

More Fun!

After the reunions we headed back to Altamont so spend some relaxing time with the Thackers. Seth and Charlie spent most of the time out with Grandpa hauling hay with the tractor. I was surprised how long Charlie stuck with it, he never got bored and kept Grandpa on track. I took some fun picture with Juanita's camera but none with mine. Just imagine a tractor and a smiling little boy:)

What are the chances a girl living in California and a girl living in Michigan meeting up in Roosevelt, Utah? I'm not sure, but it was lucky enough to happen to me. Miranda was visiting family so we met up for dinner and then went to a park. Our boys had fun playing and we had fun catching up! It was so great to see you Miranda! Good luck with boy #2:)


We went back to Salt Lake and had to say goodbye to Seth. We were happy he was able to stay so long but it was hard on the boys and myself to go from having him around all the time to nothing. He was missed the rest of the trip!

Look at all these beautiful ladies. We had a little ladies high school reunion (we actually had one guy show up, random) and it was fun to catch up with everyone, some of which I hadn't seen since high school. We were sad those who live far away couldn't make but I'm sure there will be another one.

6 kids + 2 sisters + 8 passenger Honda Pilot + Tuacahn Tickets = A WHOLE LOT of fun!
My sister Nora and I ventured to St George with ALL of the kids! Les Mis and Sound of Music were playing at the Tuacahn outdoor theater so how could we not go? I also got to see my dear friend Holly who was in the process of moving but still let me stay with her. Thanks again Holly! Nora stayed with our cousin Andrea who I hadn't seen in years. The plays were great even though it drizzled all through Sound of Music. Did you know it rains in St George? Les Mis was incredible and it was nice to finally know why it's such a big deal. We had a very eventful trip to In-N-Out Burger and went to a splash pad in the afternoon. We made a little detour on the way home to visit one of Nora's friends who lives in Anabella, Utah. Have you ever heard of it? I hadn't either. They had horses, chickens, and a massive garden so the kids had a blast! Nice trip Nora, we did it all!

Is she really NINE years older than me?

Myself, Holly, and Shayla (long lost friend from Logan)

Who goes to a splash pad in the afternoon in St George? We did!

Can you count six kids?
The Thacker women all headed to Provo for some back-to-school shopping so Collette and I met up with them for lunch. Yep, I ate more food! Eating was a huge part of the trip. It was fun to see Seth's little nieces excited about their clothes. I'm so thankful to be done with school!


The boys and I headed to the cabin to visit with the Hawkins and Ackersons. Life there is so laid back and easy going, it was a nice break. Emma and Charlie had fun playing badminton and of course there's the Yerf Dog! We went swimming again at the Kamas Rec Center and Bevin convinced Charlie to go on the water slide by himself and he did it! Donna and I made Pizza's that night and got caught up. When your at the cabin it's a constant party!


The Allen Family Reunion was the finale of our trim and I'm so glad I got to make it. I haven't been in three years and it was fun to see everybody. There were a lot of little kids I didn't recognize but I guess that's normal when you have 48 cousins and most of them are married. My aunts put together a large slip'n'slide with construction plastic and soap, it looked like a blast.


The day before I left, Lori and I drove to Provo to see Calley and Tiffany. We were all really good friends in High School and I'm surprised at how close we have stayed. I find it amazing that between the four of us we have had SEVEN BOYS no girls! What were we drinking in High School? (Yes, I know we had nothing to do with it) You obviously didn't drink it Lydia, we missed you! We destroyed Calley's house but I guess that was to be expected...I can't wait to see you all again.


Finally, our vacation was all over and I was wondering if I was going to need a vacation to recover from my vacation? The answer was, Yes...stay tuned!
Heading home to see Daddy! Yippee!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you guys had such a great vacation. I'm really sad about missing the reunion at Red Robin.

Tiffany said...

It was so great to see you! I did't realize how much you did while you were in town! You are super woman!
BTW, we would love to come see you and go to that lake sometime! I'll have to look into that website.:)

Miss Deja said...

Sharon--I'm exhausted just reading that! It sounds like tons of fun, I too am sad I lived too far away to come to the "reunion". Everybody looks so great! I'm in Salt Lake now so when you come to visit, give me a call! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad we have stayed such good friends too! I had a lot of fun driving down there with you. I'm really impressed with your mad driving skillz and also with your parents sweet van. Awesome!

Skye O. said...

hi sharon! It's skye o. we live in fraser, where are you? how fun that you got to see Holly & Shayla in UT. Doesn't Logan seem like a LONG time ago? fun memories!

Anjanette said...

Hey Sharon!! I finally took the time to update myself on your blog. It looks like you have had an eventfull summer. YOur guys have gotten so big. HOpe everything is going great with you. We need to catch up somtime soon. Take care.
Love, Anjanette

Kristi said...

Sharon that is so funny because in our group of friends everyone has girls, Bentley was the first boy...before him

me- 1 girl
Laurie -2 girls and one on the way
Stefanie- 2 girls
Scott - 2 girls
Jed - 1 girl
Kevin - 1 girl

It's crazy!