Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The 100 million dollar party......

If I hear the word "historic" one more time, I just might throw-up! I always thought every presidential inauguration was "historic." It's nice to know not everybody is so hard up with 100 million dollars being spent on a party and it's no big deal. Can anybody imagine the press John McCain would have received had his inauguration cost that much? The headlines would have been, "Just think of the starving children, John."

Oh well, now I'll just sit back and wait for the "moment when the rise of the oceans begin to slow and our planet begins to heal..."

8 comments:

Janie said...

Ok, I will give them historic b/c he is the first black president. But the whole spectacle of it all is really a bit much. Newsflash:: he is a politician, he says what people want to hear! I had to avoid the television yesterday.
You really need to read Atlas Shrugged.

Anonymous said...

I heard about how much the party cost yesterday and my mouth dropped. It's ridiculous.

Sharon said...

Oh Janie, I'm on page 900! I can't wait to discuss it with everybody!

Donna and Bevan said...

The press considers that the bailout for Diamond Rental. I guess I'm still "hoping" for "change"!

Tim and Holly Fowers said...

AMEN!!!!

Michael, Collette, Cassie, and Romeo said...

Ditto! Makes me Crazy!!!!!

Megan and Jeremy said...

Out of all the posts I have read about this yours was my favorite-thanks for making me smile :)

Troy said...

i had no idea that cost so much. that's outright disgusting! i got to watch the inauguration while giving birth, so i guess i didn't watch much. turns out my baby girl was born on an especially "historic" day. my husband gets a little annoyed that everyone's making a big deal about the first "black" president when obama's mom is white. =) i guess the day should have only been half-historic for the half-breed...oh is that a little harsh? well i don't care; politicians disgust me...=) i still think this country would be a lot better off if we cut every politician's salary in half. they'd still be filthy rich but maybe, just maybe, we'd get some more honest, level-headed people running this country, and imagine how much better our tax money could be spent...

enough of my soap box moment. this is laura knight from the old, old school days if you didn't know. you are so beautiful and your boys are too. i love blogs! so much better way to keep in touch than facebook or the like. =)