Thursday, August 20, 2009

Great News!

I love how great news flows all at once. We are officially having a baby GIRL in January and the best news is that she is healthy and growing well! Charlie was very fascinated with the ultrasound process and even pointed out that our little girl has three feet(she really doesn't). It will be interesting to see how a girl is going to survive with two crazy older brothers. Earlier today Matthew gave me yet another example of why, how could I have thought opened peanut butter on the counter could have been ok?

Our other great news is that my brilliant and beautiful sister Donna passed the National Landscape Architect Registration Examination (LARE) and is now an official Landscape Architect with her own rubber stamp!!! Donna is only a year older than I am so I was the beneficiary of all her brilliant playing ideas when we were kids. She designed this three story troll house out of an old bookcase that in the end was completely furnished and had a working elevator. Her design skills have only blossomed from there. We are so proud of you Donna!

We were also able to make a triumphant return to Lake Michigan last Saturday and it was a complete success! It was HOT and there was no wind which meant no waves. The boys loved actually being able to swim out in the water. It was also nice having Seth come with us (he missed the last trip) and play all day in the sun!

11 comments:

Melissa said...

Congrats on the baby girl! Isn't it always amazing how kids always seem to be able to reach just a little further up onto the counter than you thought they could? It gets me a lot too.

Elizabeth said...

That is the best news ever! I'm really excited for you.

Hawks Family said...

Congratulations on a girl! I guess that means there is hope for all us two for two boy families. Let me know when your out in Utah. I would love to get together with you. Also, congratulate Donna for me.

Michael, Collette, Cassie, and Romeo said...

We are so happy for you! A little girl will be so much fun. Cassie can do the same thing... I'm amazed how far they can reach. Love the pic of Matthew! I won't show Cassie, it would probably become inspiration for her LOL. We love you all and can't wait to see you! Tell Donna congrats! and.... So glad was able to go on the last Lake Michigan trip, looks like they had fun. Luv - The Utah Browns!

Eddie, Mandy, and baby boys said...

Congrats- little girl stuff is so cute. I can't wait to find your the perfect outfit:) I'm glad you had a good Lake MI day and so sad that we missed it. See you soon!

Katy said...

Yay a baby girl! Glad you got what you've been hoping for. How fun!

Nora Mair said...

A little girl? Your shopping world just quadrupled! I want to go to Lake Michigan when it's hot and oceanic!

The Simpson Family said...

Wow, that's so exciting! any thoughts on names yet? Also tell Donna crongrats too! You guys look really good!

TysonandMarthaGerber said...

So fun! Good thing I check your blog. Three is the magic number

Anjanette said...

Congradulations on your little girl. It has been forever since we talked. I am so glad to see that you guys are doing great. Take care.

Julie said...

Congrats! Baby girls are so fun!