Friday, October 30, 2009

She came BACK!


I love visitors, especially fall visitors, and I love Miranda, so of course I loved that she returned to Michigan to experience another beautiful fall! She and her two beautiful boys were here for almost a week and we didn't stop the WHOLE time. I find it strange how easily I can switch back to west coast time! Here are the highlights!


Jenny's Market! I believe the donuts were a lot better this year, warm inside and crisp on the outside. Their cider was good but I think Wiards still has them beat! Little Zach loved his first Michigan donut and the big boys love the straw maze!


The Ford Museum! I've been A LOT but I never get sick of it. The boys loved the touring Lego castle interactive display, I loved Amelia Earhart's plane, and Miranda loved seeing Rosa Park's bus!




By far the highlight of the visit was our trip to Sandusky, Ohio to the Kalahari (the largetst indoor waterpark in the country). This place doesn't get old and getting a great room at a sweet price made the experience even better. We had a 4,3,2 and 10 month old and it could have been a huge disaster but they all loved it and slept so well at night! If you live in the area you should go NOW!

Of course we had to have a nasty rainy day while she was here so we took the big boys to see Toy Story 1 and 2 in 3D at the movie theater. We had the theater practically to ourselves and they loved it, Miranda and I were able to take turns napping:)

The night before she left we went to a college town dive called "Mr Spots"! They are know for their Philly cheese steak but I couldn't get enough of their barbecue wings! Thanks so much for coming to see us Miranda!

3 comments:

Eddie, Mandy, and baby boys said...

Look like you all had a blast. I want to come and visit too! I sure miss those pumpkin donuts and all the fun fall activites in AA.

Miranda said...

I just love you Thackersons. I miss those boys so much. I miss you all. Thanks for your gracious hospitality and all you did to make our trip so much fun! I love ya. I'll come back if Seth makes bread bowls again!

steveandjonelle said...

What a fun trip. I love the donuts at Jenny's in Dexter too. I mean I really, really love them. I think I could eat like a dozen all by myself!