YES! That really is Charlie! I must admit I miss the rolls of fat and bald head but I love the amazing little boy my little Charlie has grown into. He was able to celebrate the big day by taking cupcakes to preschool with his dad, shopping for a present from his grandparents at Toys-r-Us, eating pizza, and of course a cake (bring on the sugar). The big hit present was the Sorry game which he continually wins!
Almost a week after his actual birthday came his "friend" party which he has been planning for almost a year now! We went with the whole Star Wars theme because Charlie LOVES playing Legos Star Wars on the Wii (he's never actually watched the movie). We had a great group of kids and spent the time shooting down war ships (pin the tail on the donkey), rescuing Yoda, hunting for treasure, and of course we had to have the pinata. It was the "Death Star" which I'm sure Charlie had never even heard of but it's from Star Wars and the shape made for an easy pinata.

The hit of the Party had to be the "Yoda Sodas" (sprite and lemon sherbet). All the kids loved them until we told them they might make them turn green and then a few of the kids got nervous.
The cake was hard to come up with. But thanks to google, we found this awesome looking lightsaber (in case you couldn't tell what it was).
The party was a HUGE success and I'm so glad it's over! Happy Birthday Chuckles!
8 comments:
I remember that cute little baby! I found a picture of kaden charlie and the greens baby the other day! I wonder whatever happened to them.
Collin has not stopped talking about his yoda soda. Very clever! He loved it! Now you have to help me plan his b-day in January. Please!
I think that is the most perfect baby I've ever seen! What a little Cherub.
Happy Birthday Charlie
You are the cutest little family... from the Tall quiet daddy, to the cutest ever momma, to our little chuckles and last but not the least our smiling "Mattshue". We love you all! Looks like the parties were tons of fun... wish we could have been there!
What a fun party! I can't believe he's 5!!
I LOVE that you called him CHUCKLES. And I, too, miss that chubby baby. Mostly because we lived much closer then. You are such a good mom, Sharon, and I look up to you. Happy Birthday, Chuckles.
Cute! I can't believe he is 5 already. You are so creative with your parties. Hope you are feeling good!
So not fair that we couldn't be there. And Bryaden would have loved playing Sorry with Charlie, and I LOVE all your super cute party ideas. Seriously, so not fair.
Post a Comment