Thursday, January 7, 2010

Christmas, potty training, AND New Years 2009!

We started off the season with Charlie's Christmas program at preschool, there is truly nothing cuter than 4/5 year olds singing Christmas songs.


We continued our Christmas Eve Eve tradition of making graham cracker houses. The kids loved it, and I loved the candy!

We spent Christmas Eve with a family from our ward. It was great to be surrounded by a mob of people! Before we left, we tried to take one picture of us as a family and this was the best we could get...

Christmas morning was very exciting this year, Charlie and Matthew almost drove me nuts with their excitement. It was very magical to see all the dreams of a 3 and 5 year old come true Christmas morning. I know I need to savor the moment because it might be different when they're 13 and 15. Matthew opened up his Tonka loader and dump truck first and his present unwrapping ambitions were over after that. Charlie's favorite were the Bakugan and Legos. They both got scooters from Santa and Charlie keeps asking when winter will be over so he can go outside and ride it, poor kid. Seth and I never got dressed, devoured breakfast casserole and cinnamon rolls, read lots of new books to the boys, and talked to family. It was a very calm day. We missed being with our families since this is our third Christmas away, maybe next year:)




Seth took most of the week off between Christmas and New Years so it seemed like the perfect time to potty train Matthew. I'm so glad he was home, I'm not sure I would have stuck with it alone. I am also very grateful for the "frog" potty, if you have a boy, it's a great option! I'm sure it will all be worth it to only have ONE in diapers, right....

New Years was incredible! I have a friend who graciously offered to take our children over night so we could spend New Years alone! Yes, she truly is an angel! We didn't do anything exciting but waking up on our own, without the help of children was very enjoyable. The boys loved their "sleepover" with Eve and Portia. Thanks Kelly!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea for Christmas break. I'm sad it's over already!

The Cherry Family said...

Wow. Charlie has gotten older just since we left. Glad you had a good, relaxing Christmas.

Donna and Bevan said...

Pee in a frog? Is that a guy thing? Your family is so cute! Christmases are so much more special when you have excited kids. Good luck on the "home stretch"!

Eddie, Mandy, and baby boys said...

I have an idea, when it's time for my boys to potty train I'll just send to your house where the froggy potty is!

Vilate Thacker said...

you are such a trooper, and yes it will be worth it to only have one in dipes! :) sounds like you had an awesome christmas! that is good! We miss you guys and can't wait to welcome your little one! :)