Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lucy Jane Thacker


Our little girl has finally arrived! She was born on January 23 at 10:10am. She weighed 8lbs 12oz and was 20in long and she even had hair! She's BEAUTIFUL! Here is a quick run down of the events leading up to her birth. I wasn't scheduled to be induced until the 27th so I got really excited when I started having contractions on the 21st. They lasted all night and went on through out the day. I didn't know if I was in "active" labor because they weren't getting any more intense (probably not) but for peace of mind I went to triage with a friend of mine to be checked. Well, it was confirmed nothing really was happening but the nurse recommended we walk around for an hour and then come back. My friend Jenna took me on a vigorous walk and by the time we came back I was a dilated to a three! Since I needed antibiotics before she was born I was admitted! Yippy! Seth was surprised when I called to tell him to drop off the kids and head to the hospital. It was a very long night and after two epidurals our little girl made her entrance. Thankfully, she is very healthy and fun to stare at. Her look reminds me of a newborn Charlie but with darker hair (dark for our family). Her name didn't stick until after she was born. Seth had always liked "Lucy" and it seemed to fit. Her middle name is Jane after three incredible aunts.

The boys are adjusting ok, thankfully my mom is flying in tonight! Thanks for all the phone calls and well wishes, we feel very blessed.


11 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations! I am glad everything went well. Can't wait to see her.

TysonandMarthaGerber said...

yeah! She is darling! Glad you are ok. congrats

Cordie said...

She is adorable!!! I am glad you finally have a girl!

Unknown said...

Sharon...ok I'll be calling soon. I've got to see this little angel in person! She is beautiful( no surprises there!) Glad all went well and again...congrats!!!

Natalie said...

Yeah!!!! I'm so glad she came. She is beautiful! I'm glad your mom is there to help. Congratulations!

Anjanette said...

Congratulations!!!!! Girls are so different than boys. She is adorable. Glad everything went well.

Jill said...

She is so beautiful! We're so happy for you! Good luck! I wish we could help you out!

Byron said...

Oh, sharon, she is BEAUTIFUL!! Truly. Most of our babies are dirt ugly when they come out. Your Lucy is perfect. And of course the name is perfect too! I think you will love your choice forever! Congrats!

Nora Mair said...

She is just so beautiful!

Troy said...

She is so precious!!! Nothing like seeing your first little girl. =) congratulations!!!
--laura (knight)

Bennett Family said...

Congrats!!! I had my baby girl the same day! That is so much fun :) She is beautiful. Hope things are going well with three kids.