Sunday, July 18, 2010

Brighton Camping!

Has it really been almost two years since we camped as a family? Since we have little Lucy, we decided to keep it simple by staying close and by just going overnight. We went to Brighton which is only about 30 min away. We started off with a "modern" campsite but when we actually drove out to the spot and saw it was nothing more than a spot in a village of tents, we opted for the "rustic" (and recieved a $7 refund). We had a lot more privacy and the sights were ten times bigger:) We roasted hot dogs, tin foil dinners, and smores. We were joined by the Gibsons who we met when both of our families moved to Michigan back 2005. It was fun to sit back and see how much our fmilies have grown in five years. Matt and Kirsten were also intense Bohnanza players beating Seth and me their first time playing.
A family picture, minus Lucy who was sleeping in her laundry basket.


Eden loved the burned smore variety, and yes, she ate them right up.
There were frogs all over our campsite and the kids had an easy time catching them. It wasn't the wild life I had in mind seeing, but very entertaining.

Matt and Seth cooking up some camping breakfast goodness.
Posted by Picasa
Charlie, Matthew, and Sam swimming in Bishop lake the next day. I am now a firm believer that every campout should end with a swim to clean the campsite off.
I can't believe I've posted all these pictures and Lucy is in NONE of them. She is usually the only thing I take pictures of these days! She was a dream and slept perfectly. Her highlight was all the watermelon she was able to gum on.

5 comments:

Donna and Bevan said...

LOVE the smell of pine trees, pancakes and breakfast meat at a campsite. Nothing better!

Tim and Holly Fowers said...

Man I need to check your blog more- you guys have done so much fun things in June! Lucy is adorable by the way- I wish we could live close again so that i could squeeze her whenever I felt like it! I still would like to plan a trip to see you guys this fall- let's chat about it!

The Cherry Family said...

So fun! Brayden will love those camo shorts your boys are wearing.

Unknown said...

Fun stuff camping! Way to go 'rustic'. Lucy is just getting cuter and cuter!

Jill said...

What a great idea to swim off the campsite! And what is camping without smores?