Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!





We had a wonderful weekend! We finally did what we have been talking about doing for years. We planted a garden. It's nothing spectacular but hopefully in a few months I wont have to buy over priced tomatoes and green peppers at Kroger.
Today was Mother's day and with it came an eventful day for our kids in church. First off Matthew was being fussy so I took him to the back of the chapel. Then it was time for all the priesthood brethren to go sing so Seth got up and I headed back to the pew to sit with Charlie. He started crying and screaming for his "DADDY." Thinking about it now I should have sent Charlie up with Seth. So there I was trying to maneuver Charlie out of the chapel while holding Matthew. Luckily Mandy saved the day and came and picked up Charlie and took him out. Thanks Mandy. For the special mother's presentation during the 2nd hour Seth was nice enough to take Matthew. He returned a few minutes later for the diaper bag. He then returned a few minutes later with Matthew completely naked except for the diaper. Matthew had a major blow out that affected not only his clothes but his blanket and Seth's pants. Of course this was the one week I forgot to put a change of clothes in the diaper bag. Luckily we have nice friends who helped us out again. What a nice relaxing Mother's day.
On a serious note, I am so grateful I have two wonderful mothers who are great examples to me!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

So, my girls were really sick and I was up all night Saturday, then I had to speak on Mother's Day! Ahhhh... oh well, at least I could come home after sacrament meeting to take a nap with my sick girls.

Anonymous said...

Sharon, it has been so much fun reading about your family and looking at your pictures! Your family is so cute, and Matthew is adorable!
By the way, we have a blog now too!