Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Utah Trip Part 2

One of the most exciting days of our trip was the day of Monica and Neil's wedding. The day started bright and early with family pictures at 8:30am in South Jordan. I was amazed that everyone was looking at the camera in the big mob scene. I can't believe there are 37 of us!

I was very impressed that Charly and Matthew were both smiling in our family picture!

The wedding was wonderful! It was held at my parents cabin in Woodland, Utah. I can't believe how much the place has changed in just a few years. My mom has put in millions of hours of labor and it definitely shows (my Dad has put in a lot of time too). The ceremony was very beautiful and there was a huge cloud that blocked out the sun at the right time.

The food was good and Charlie had a great time learning to play croquet. I think outdoor games would make a great addition to any wedding. The blue grass band was also very fitting, they sounded great! Seth and I were in charge of the cup cake wedding cake. It looks like a regular wedding cake stand but instead of the cakes there are cup cakes. Seth baked over 100 cup cakes and I frosted them all. The transportation of all of them was stressful but most of them survived and they ALL got eaten. Sadly, I forgot to take a picture of it so if any of you out there took a picture of it please e-mail it to me. The best part, besides seeing Monica and Neil married, was seeing so many family members and old friends!




No comments: