Saturday, July 21, 2007

Visit to Utah-Part 1


Fun in the tub with Cousin Ben!

We had a wonderful trip to Utah. It was hot but not humid, so it felt really good. We did a lot and stayed at different places so I think I'm going to break it up in to a few different posts. I flew in all by myself with the boys and it wasn't that bad. They both did really well and we met a few good samaritans. My mom was already up at the cabin preparing for the wedding so I stayed with my dad for a night and then went to my sister Nora's house in West Jordan. Charlie had a great time playing with Addie and Ben and I helped Nora paint her front room a sage green (it was previously a grandma shade of peach/pink from the previous owner). It looked really good when we were done, she is quite the pro at painting and she even taught me some new terms.
For the fourth of July I went up to the cabin for the day to visit with some of my brothers and sisters and also cool cousin Cathy. Kim made a spectacular lunch for us all, so of course I ate tons. My mom was really busy getting the cabin ready for the wedding.
That evening, the boys and I met up with some old friends from Logan, Holly and Tim. We were going to go see some grand fireworks in West Jordan but we settled for her next door neighbors grand assortment. Charlie loved them and we even did some sparklers too. He also loved chasing around their 2 year old girl Emmary who has the most beautiful blond hair.


The next day I got together with Lori and Calley and we reminisced of High School and got caught up on all the latest gossip (some things never change). It was exciting to find out that Calley is expecting a baby in January.

We missed you Tiffany and Lydia!
That Thursday was the most exciting day of our trip because Seth flew in to join us. Charlie was so happy to "pick him up." All together we went to visit his sister Collette and meet our cute new niece Cassy. She is really a lot cuter in person than the pictures show. She has a perfect little curl on the top of her head. It was fun to hold a baby who was actually the size of a baby.

That night most of my brothers and sisters were in town because of the wedding so my sister Nora arranged two babysitters for nine kids so we could all go out to dinner.

It was fun to be all together again!

No comments: