Saturday, August 18, 2007

10K Howell Melon Run!

A group of us all ran in the Howell Melon Run 5k/10k. It was a beautiful run through Howell City Park, along Thompson Lake, and through the cemetery. It was nice to have a wide variety of scenery to look at. I had never ran 6 miles before so I felt good about my 10 minute miles. I finished in 1:01(hopefully next year it will be less). My time didn't get officially registered because I put my chip in my back pocket instead of on my shoe. One of the official guys freaked out when I went through the shoot and my chip didn't register. You got to love technicalities. I felt really good the whole race and my only battle wound is a blister on my index toe. After the race they served us Cantaloupe and Cantaloupe flavored ice cream. YUM! A big thanks to my awesome husband for watching the kids many mornings so I could go run!

I was so happy to be done!

Happy Five year anniversary Cherries!

Have fun getting your eyebrows waxed Eddie!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! You did it! Congratulations!!! I am so happy/proud for/of you!
I hope you are still considering coming here next year and running one of those with me! :)

Tara G. said...

That is awesome! Congratulations! Okay, Matthew is officially bigger than Maya now, she is still under 20 lbs! We are having a bday party for her on Sept. 15th, I'll send your invite soon. I hope you guys can make it!

Anonymous said...

Great Job Sharon! :)

Missy said...

Impressive Sharon. I can't believe how big your boys are getting.

Donna and Bevan said...

Doing a 10K in one hour is really good! Seriously, a ten-minute mile is pretty impressive! It always feels good finishing those things. Good job!

K and M said...

Hi! Congrats on the 10k! By the way, We haven't met. :) I'm in the Giordano's ward. I was looking at your blog because you commented on Tara's and I saw a picture of Eddie Liu! I went to college with him. He was in my single's ward and he sang at my mission farewell, but I had no idea where he ended up. Apparently in Michigan! Can you tell me where he's at and maybe an email or something? I just think that's really cool that he ended up in Michigan like I did.

Lisa said...

Couldn't have done it. That must feel so good! Maybe I'll attempt the 5k next year. : )

Janie said...

Yeah, for you Sharon! I wish we could have made it up to run with you, next time :)

cygnl7 said...

Congratulations on your 10K! I know I couldn't run anything like that now. Maybe in high school... So my hat's off to you.

I am yet another unknown that happened upon your blog looking for Eddie. (I grew up with him in Utah and have been looking for a way to contact him for a long time.) If you have a way to get my contact info to him would you be so kind as to do so? My name is David B. and my email address is david at davtar dot org. Sorry to use your blog comments for this purpose, but I've looked all over to find Eddie.

Thanks so much!