Monday, August 6, 2007

Utah Trip: part 3

The last week we were in Utah we started off at Holly and Tim's baby blessing for their little boy Davis. We met as newly weds and now we both have two kids! It was so great to see you and your cute family!


Next we had the chance to go to my cousin Matthew's mission farewell. I was sitting in the meeting and my mind flashed back to his baby blessing. I was only five when he was blessed but I could remember a lot of details like what dress I was wearing (I had a pair of fake pearls that I wore with it) and how excited I was about seeing all the babies. My cousins Austin and David were brand new as well and now they are all on missions! I feel so old. He gave a great talk about the parable of the pickle. It was also so nice to see so many of my aunts, uncles, and cousins.

After the blessing we booked it up to the cabin for Seth's family reunion! It was great to see everyone! I couldn't believe how grown up all of Vaughn's kids were. I took Tiffany and Annmarie on a hike and it was so fun to listen to them talk about school and friends. Life is so great as an 8 year old. We ate delicious food and the adults (not the kids) conquered the slip'n'slide!


Tiffany and Ann Marie at the top of our hike!

Seth and I were racing on the slip'n'slide, I am in the middle and he's on the end! I think I won!

We finished off our trip by going to the Hoogle Zoo which is a lot fancier now than when I was a kid. It was 104 degrees but there was no humidity so I don't think it was too bad. We went with my sister Nora and her kids and had a great time. Charlie loved riding on the train!



Our last day in Utah we had the chance to meet up with Miranda Fillmore and her cute son Ryan. Her and her husband started dating about the same time Seth and I did and they got married a week after we did. They now live in California but I'm so glad we have kept in touch as much as we have. We all rode tracks down to the gateway to play in the fountains but Charlie fell at the beginning so he was done fast. We went home, dropped off the kids, and had a girls night out. My sister Donna met up with us and we ate a lot of Pizza and laughed a whole lot! Thanks Miranda!

And of course I couldn't forget my wonderful reunion with one of my best Friends, Tiffany Thurgood. We met in the seventh grade and shared a folder in girls choir (4th period). We weren't very fond of each other but luckily things changed and she was a great friend all through high school and is even today. I love you Tiffany!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you really should have seen Tiffany Thurgood when you came to town....oh wait, you did! Huh, I guess I just got confused since you never mentioned it. :) I still love ya Sharon!

Anonymous said...

Sharon, looks like you are having so much fun with family and friends! I love the pic with Charlie (?) drinking from the lion's mouth. It's like an essention part of every child's zoo memories. Anyway, you really do have to see Hairspray! It's so fun!

Anonymous said...

Ah, that's better. Now I'll be able to sleep at night once again! :)