Sunday, February 10, 2008

The February Blahs....

I've never been a fan of February! Last year I had Matthew so it was exciting but this february seems to be going on forever and it's relatively early in the month. I think mainly it's just the cold weather and gray sky. Plus we are running through ALL the winter illnesses. I truly am not a fan of "Debbie Downer" posts so I've commited myself to writing 10 things I can only do when it's cold.

10. Making soup for dinner! I love home-made soup!
9. Wearing warm snugly sweaters
8. Making hot Chocolate!
7. Finishing up projects I never have time for when it's sunny outside!
6. Going to the mall to toss pennies in the fountain.
5. Snugling with Seth!
4. Reading...I do it more when it's -2 outside! (I just finished A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, I highly recommend it)! Plus reading books with the boys!
3. Writing up new blog posts!!
2. Enjoying not being sweaty all the time from the humidity.
1. Making snow angels with Charlie and sledding!

I'm so glad I did this! I feel better already! If anybody has any great winter activites, please feel free to share!

I also want to publicly thank my mother-in-law. When she visited in October, she bought us a three pack of Puffs Plus Tissues with the lotion. If you know me very well, you know that I am cheap and am "knock-off brand" loyal (go great value)! This was definitely the case for tissues (usually I just use toliet paper). I came down with a horrible cold this week and busted out the Puffs and they were AMAZING. My nose never got raw and they really held up through major blows (sorry if that's too much info). I'm SOLD! It's one small way of pampering yourself when your sick!

10 comments:

Nora Mair said...

I'll endorse the puffs with lotion. James even went to the store last winter for those specifically, for me and my nose. What a great non Debbie Downer post. he he. Soup and non sweaty--my favs.

Kim said...

I love your non-complaining attitude! And I too endorse the puffs with lotion. My girls have been pretty sick this week, so I splurged for the "baby noses", but then left them (the puffs not the girls) at my mom's:) Poor babies are back to the TP. (Ahhh, I sound like Debbie) What I meant was we really enjoyed the puffs while we had them:) Anyway, they really are great.
And you've inspired me to make soup tomorrow... mmm... don't you love winter.

Miranda said...

You crack me up. Way to be optimistic about things you can't change. And an even better reason to be optimistic: a brand new dishwasher! Less dish time rain or shine! I feel like January is my month of blahs. Yea, it's over. Keep your chin up and hey, at least you're not having earthquakes! lol.

Sharon said...

I got mixed up! The tissues are really the Puffs with lotion. Whoops, I need to find a new picture! Sorry!

Amber A. said...

I'm so glad that you got to read "A tree grows in Brooklyn". It is Cathy's favorite book and one of my favorites as well. I even have it on CD if ever you have a long road trip and want Seth to enjoy the book as well. Your list of positive things was great. I'm in a February blues time now. I just got sent home for the flu. Now maybe I'll make some soup. :) Amber A.

The Cherry Family said...

Way to be positive! We will make it through February!

Deirdra said...

Glad you found our blog. I too love the puffs with lotion. They've been our best friend the past week. We've all been sick.

Janie said...

February is a hard month in Michigan! Way to stay positive! I think you listed everything I could possibly think of that is good about winter. I guess you could add skiing to the list.

Megan Marie said...

Hey i totally agree. On saturday it was -12 up here! you are right, there are great things in winter!

Byron said...

I'm so glad I read your post (I've been spying for some time now, but I think we're finally official.) Just got back from AZ and was easily finding all the terrible things about the winter here, but you snapped me out of it. Thanks, sharon!