Friday, May 23, 2008

A Proud Moment!

Seth was selected to give a 15 minute review of some of his research for the Internal Medicine Research Symposium at U of M. His presentation was on how "Lupus Prone Mice Display Endothelial Dysfunction and Abnormal Vascular Repair." Say What? Don't expect any explanation on what that means but it sounded nice. Thanks to Natalie for watching the kiddos I was able to go hear him. For someone who HATES public speaking, he did an awesome job. It's also nice to know that all the many hours he's away from us he's coming along with the whole scientist thing:) Go Seth!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's always fun to see your husband in their element. Makes ya proud! Even when you have no idea what they're talking about! :)

Miranda said...

Isn't it great to be married to a man with intelligence and ambition? We both did well, my dear, very well in that department! Cheers to scientist Seth!

Tara G. said...

Wow, that is so impressive! Way to go, Seth!

So now that it's nice outside when should we get together??

Missy said...

Oh, I would love to read a copy of it, if he still has a copy. Good job Seth! Keep up the research...please.

Hubers said...

Congrats Seth!! I know how nice it feels to complete a project like this!! What are they going to do with your research now? Will you publish? I'd like to read it. It's pretty nice that you've targeted more specific cells in the heart defects. My mom was actually diagnosed with Lupus about 18 mos ago, then they realized that she had lyme disease and withdrew the diagnosis. Crazy, huh!!

Lisa said...

So smart, how fun that you got to go listen to his talk!

The Platts said...

Hey Sharon-We made our blog private a while ago. If you want, email me and I'll invite you into it. I figure you may be like me...I like to see your cute pictures, even though I've only met you once. Anyway, my email is emmary_01@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hello! I was so excited to happen upon your blog. I don't know if you remember us, but my husband, De, grew up in the Basin with Seth, and I went to CEU with him and your sister. It sounds like you guys are doing great!