Autumn Soup
1/2 lb ground beef (sometimes I use a full pound)
1 can tomato soup
3 cups water
3 potatoes, diced
3 carrots, diced
1 small onion, diced
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp A-1 sauce
Brown ground beef and onions; drain. In a large pan, add diced vegetables and cover with water. Cook until tender. Add remaining spices and sauces and hamburger. Simmer a couple of hours. (usually I just let it simmer 20 min and it still tastes delicious)
Natalie and I have had a lot of conversations about Tortilla Soup. There seems to be about a million different ways to make it! I've tried many, but this is my favorite!
It is a bit more time intensive than crock pot versions but well worth it.
Mindy's Tortilla Soup
1/2 onion, chopped
1 green or red pepper, chopped
3 cans of chicken broth (4 cups)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
3 cooked chicken breast, shredded (I usually just boil it)
1/2 c. med picante sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 to 1/2 tsp chili powder
Saute onion and green pepper until transparent. Add chicken broth, soup and chicken. Bring to simmer and then add picante sauce, salt pepper and chili powder. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Crunch up tortilla chips on the bottom of a bowl and pour soup on top. Top with sour cream and cheese! YUM!
Matthew has become completely obsessed with trains. I love watching him get so excited in the morning when he runs to his trains. We have magnetic ones which are great unless he is trying to ram to ends together with the same polarity, he can get so mad they won't go together he'll throw them and cry. He's starting to learn that if they won't connect together to flip one around. We have the wooden train set from IKEA and I highly recommend it. We've had it for two years and it's still in perfect condition and it's cheap compared to other wooden train sets!
10 comments:
I too love the fall. I have already broken out my soup recipes. I will have to try yours. They sound yummy. Your little one reminds me of my son, who is also obsessed with trains. I think it is great. It could be worse things like markers, oh wait mine loves those too. :)
Awesome recipes! Do you have any for broccoli cheese soup? I have been trying to find a good one for years.
This sounds delicious. Fall makes me think of soup too. especially on halloween night, we'd come home from trick'or'treating and my mom would have homemade chicken noodle ready. Thanks for helping me remember that. I have a good one for chese soup if that sounds good I can share too.
Fall in Michigan makes me want to live here forever....almost. It really is so wonderful. You should post some pics of all this yummy soup!
Great post! You can't go wrong when talking about fall and soup!:) Thanks for the recipes!
BTW, I love those IKEA trains, too! My kids can play with them for hours!
Yummy recipes! I love fall too. I love the last part of the year when all the fun holidays start!
I am making the autumn soup this weekend! I will have to tell you hwo it goes. I can't wait!
Thanks for the awesome recipes!! I can't wait to try them. Oh, and I love that you say Seth plays with mice all day. You are hilarious. :)
Sharon! Your family is beautiful! You can't say you are old because I am not old! Great to hear from you.
Tried your Autumn Soup last night with Nora and James and the gang. It was delish! Thanks for the recipe!
Post a Comment