
Nora and baby Stuart came to visit Michigan in January to visit us. Oh, what love they must have for us! Michigan did not disappoint, it was freezing but we still managed to have a lot of fun!
After picking them up from the airport we headed strait to lunch at Zingermans, it's very Ann Arborish. Nora was kind enough not to check any luggage (your first bag costs $15 so she did some amazing work with a bungee cord) so she offered to cover lunch. Who would have thought $15 dollars wouldn't cover ONE sandwich from Zingermans? It was REALLY good, maybe they could upgrade the complementary pickle to fries.

Thursday night Natalie set up her chocolate fountain for a girls night of dipping. The buttery rice crispy treats, strawberries, and brownies were my favorite. What am I going to do when she moves and takes the chocolate fountain with her? Of course, go visit her!
On Friday we decided we needed some warmth so we went to an indoor water park that's close to home. The double tube slide was fast and Charlie was very brave to go on it again and again with us. Stuart wasn't a huge fan of the water but endured just fine.



That night a van load of women headed to the Great Lakes Crossing indoor mall with promises of good deals (it's about an hour away). Oh, we were not disappointed! They have a Children's Place the size of Walmart that was a bit overwhelming. I purchased the best jeans ever, and due to a conversation Nora and I had, I am not going to tell you how dirt cheap they were because chances are, you don't care. I also enjoyed introducing Nora to H&M (cheap and trendy). We all had way too much fun in the accessories! After finally being kicked out of the mall we went to Max & Erma's for fresh baked cookies and a 2.99 all-you-can-eat sundae bar! Thanks for driving Michelle, and I really do love the glasses! Oh,and thanks to Seth for babysitting all the kids.
On Saturday I had a brilliant idea of having us all go to the Plymouth Ice Carving Festival! Doesn't it sound fun to go watch ice sculpting in 16 degree weather(plus wind chill)? What was I thinking? The poor kids lasted about 15 minutes, but luckily we had hot chocolate in a thermos to warm us up. We went a couple of years ago and there was a lot more sculptures so I made Nora look at all the pictures when we got home.




After we got home we headed to the mall for returns and then to Blimpy Burger! It's the standard college dive but it has the best burgers and onion rings around. We had to stand in line for a LONG time but I think it was worth it. Once again, thank Seth for watching the kids, again. That night we rented "Mrs Pettigrew" and ate way too much candy.

On Sunday we played a game we got last year called "Zooloretto." I didn't remember it being as fun when we've played it before, but then again, we've never played it with Nora. Then we went to church until Matthew got kicked out of nursery. I didn't think his cough wast that bad, but it was. We headed home to put both him and Stuart down for a nap. After dinner I drove them to the airport to say goodbye! Dropping off visitors at the airport is so depressing but I'm grateful James and the three other kids let them come play with us. We love Nora and now are more determined than ever to settle in the WEST! The morning after they left, Matthew asked me, "Mama, where Stuey go?"
8 comments:
What a great time. I tried on that hat no less than 4 times to get it to look like it did on you Sharon, I just couldn't pull it off. And that green coat...such a good decision Natalie.
I am glad you two had such a good time. It was nice to meet your sister and I had such a blast at the water park.
You know, it's true...in that picture of all of you in front of H&M with sunglasses, it was hard to tell which one was you. I'm assuming you're closest to Natalie.
Looks like you guys had a great time. It's good to see some fun in the michigan winter!
How fun! And wow, you really do look alike. My sister and I look a lot alike too, not as much as you too though. But there is 9 years and one sister between us. funny. cute cute girls.
It really makes you appreciate your family when you are so far away from them! I need to call you the next time we have visitors, we are boring hosts compared to you guys!! I never have any ideas of what we can do.
What a blast! Visitors are the best, it's such a nice excuse to play all day :)
So fun to hear about your adventures! Looks like you had a great time. Your hostess skills are amazing. It sounds like non stop fun.
Wow you really do look a lot like your sister! I wish I could have gone shopping and dining with you guys. I need to call you and get some advise about having a husband in full time school!
Post a Comment