Sunday, April 25, 2010

Saying Goodbye.....


I know, it's JUST a car but.....
We said goodbye to our 1997 Mercury Sable yesterday. This has been the ONLY car we have owned our entire marriage. Seth purchased it about a year before we got married and it has stuck with us ever since. Fast forward eight years, marriage, a move across the country, three children, and it was time to let it go. We never really could figure out what color it was; some said pink others said, salmon, tan, gold, coral and so on. While it did have its share of quarks,(no working radio and some of the locks not working) it was mostly reliable.

Her are our top FIVE memories with the Sable:
1. We rode in it together to the Jordan River Temple to get married
2. We brought all three of our babies home from the hospital in it
3. It took us across the country to our new home in Michigan (it actually BARELY made that trip)
4. All the trips all over Michigan, Illinois, Ohio and Indiana
5. All the times we squeezed six people legally into it

I posted it on craigslist and it was sold later that day. I hope Ray enjoys it...

This is from October of 2008 when my parents were visiting. Our brakes went out and my dad was kind enough to repair them for us!

5 comments:

Tim and Holly Fowers said...

It's funny the things that cause us the most stress sometimes are the hardest things to say goodbye to. I'm happy and sad for you guys- enjoy the van life:)

Donna and Bevan said...

Ah, the salmon sable. I thought Seth was so cool when he bought that! It was so NEW back then, or newer than anything we ever drove. Good luck with the van. I wanna see some pics!

Miranda said...

I almost severely hurt my firstborn from the front seat of that car! it brings a tear to my eye! So long, ol' faithful sable with the huge trunk and ability to carry so many people with tons of luggage! Happy trails...

Jill said...

I assume you got a minivan, right? What did you get? Do you love it? Details! :)

Holly said...

Sorry for the delayed response, but YES please let's see each other when you're in Utah. Hope I haven't already missed you.