The kids and I took swimming lessons in January and February. While it was a big hassle getting us all ready to go on Saturday mornings, it was a lot of fun cheering each other on during lessons. I felt sorry for the bored parents on the sidelines:)
There were only four adults in the "adult" class so we got lots of individualized attention. We started with the basics where I learned I've been kicking wrong all along. I'm still not great but I am on my way....triathlon? Anytime my kids would whine I would say, "you have to learn now or you'll have to learn when your 27!" Charlie and Matthew both made great progress but I think I'll stick with lessons that are closer together (everyday for two weeks) instead of spread out over months.
There were only four adults in the "adult" class so we got lots of individualized attention. We started with the basics where I learned I've been kicking wrong all along. I'm still not great but I am on my way....triathlon? Anytime my kids would whine I would say, "you have to learn now or you'll have to learn when your 27!" Charlie and Matthew both made great progress but I think I'll stick with lessons that are closer together (everyday for two weeks) instead of spread out over months.

4 comments:
silver cap--very cool. So ambitious.
That's inspiring! Can you now teach me how to swim?
Good for you to take lessons too! I don't think I would have thought of that but I could really use it when it comes to swimming.
So....YW eh? I have to say Hannah looks so incredibly grown up & gorgeous! I couldn't believe it. And I can't believe Aubrey is old enough already, I guess a lot happens in a year. Say hi to Kay for me!
Good for you! Colter did 2 triathlons last year and loved it! He's discovered he loves swimming! Know where you're going yet?
So fun you're in YW!
Post a Comment