On Saturday Matthew took part in a study on Spina Bifada. He doesn't have it but they needed some control babies to measure their leg movements. They hooked these electrodes to his legs and had him walk on a baby treadmill (the nice post-doc held him, of course). It was really cute and he actually laughed during a lot of it. They were measuring how many steps he could take and the different muscles he used. It seemed pretty high tech. All in all it took about an hour and a half and they gave me 50 bucks cash! It's great to have unaccountable cash!
Yesterday I was feeling the need to get out of the house and go to the park. I babysit a cute little girl named Zoe on Mondays and Tuesdays so she was over. The park was about a half mile away so I put Charlie and Zoe in the stroller and I put Matthew in the Bjorn. It would have been fine but Matthew is an exceptionally big kid so I started feeling it about half way there. We made it and had a wonderful time.
I'm so glad that summer has finally made it to Michigan. I'm also grateful for good friends who have fed me and kept me company the last few days!
Charlie and Zoe
Mandy had a birthday so we made her a cake to celebrate!!


6 comments:
17 pounds!?! What a big boy! He is so cute. We need to get together soon while Maya is still bigger than him :)
$50? Sweet! That's better than donating plasma. Nothing like that free, unaccountable dinero.
I love getting nice surprises like an extra $50 bucks!
I've done some studies through UofM with Cora. I've never gotten $50! Of course we weren't there for 1 1/2 hours! We did get $20 and I'll take $20! I'm glad you've survived Seth being gone. I've actually started to get really good at Colter being gone, the last conference was a cinch! Sounds bad, doesn't it?
Jill
Practice makes perfect - I'm so used to JC being gone that now when he's home I can't figure out how to keep the day moving. :-)
I saw the ad for that study and totally wanted to go, but Andres was just barely too old. Bummer. $50 goes a long way at the Salvation Army.
Javi had tons of fun with Charlie the other day. Call me sometime and we can get them together to play again. :-)
I love your pics! I only wish I could fly out for a quick reunion! Unfortunately I can't find a free 500 dollars! Way to go with the 50.
Post a Comment