
So, our DVD player is on its last leg and I'm not excited about replacing it. I was talking to my friend Michelle and she told me about Clearplay dvd players. You buy their "specific" clearplay dvd player AND the monthly service and then you download movie filters for each movie you want to watch. I think that is the jist of it. The editing is supposed to be top notch and you have complete control on how much you want edited. This sounds wonderful to me because I love watching movies but every single movie that comes out these days has something in it. I did some research and they sell them at Best Buy for $60 plus one year free subscription (I think it's $5 a month after that). I talked it over with Seth and we can't decide because it is twice as much as a new DVD player would cost. We could just save our money and continue to be selective in our movie watching, but then on the other hand, this would be a blast to own! Does anybody out there have one? Do you like it? What do you think? Here is the link to the Clearplay website and here are all the reviews from Best Buy:
8 comments:
I would splurge, specially with having little kids around. I think it would be a great investment.
We have one and we could not live without it. It is so worth the extra money. Sometimes the player is a little fickle but we don't mind. I think they came out with a new model that might work better than what we have. I think we've had ours for almost 2 years now. Its especially good for kids because they filter naughty words like "stupid" on kids cartoons. You could maybe use tax return money to justify it? Clearplay is really good about getting filters up immediately for new releases and they even have some filters for sitcoms. Once you get it, you'll never be able to live without it. We love it and have had fun watching some movies we wouldn't have seen otherwise. Feel free to ask us more questions.
So, I told you I first went the cheap route, and opted for a regular DVD player because the Clearplay was really not "needed". Well after two months of thinking that way, and now ordering a clearplay, I am sooo excited, way more excited then I thought I would be. We already have a list of movies we want to see (PG13's that we didn't feel would be appropriate.) and we don't even have the player yet! I think at this stage of our lives, with little ones at home and not being able to go out very often, the clearplay is a great investment. I promise I will send you that link I told you about. Good luck deciding. When we get ours you should come over for movie night just to check it out and see if it is something you really want to do.
Definitely get it Sharon, we don't have a Clearplay but we have a DVD player that just filters language and we can watch sooooooooo many more movies with it. We have some friends in Ypsilanti who have one and love it so that's my vote. We're planning on getting one once ours dies.
I'd never heard of this, but now I want one. Darren and I had this discussion since we love action movies the best, but you can't even touch PG-13 movies anymore. We saw Jumper this last weekend and they totally dropped the *F* bomb! I hate that the rating isn't indicative of anything anymore. I'd love to have this as my children grow up and want to watch the "cool" movies. I say get it!
Very cool! I want you to get it and then tell me how you like it!
I think we should get one too, that would be awesome!! I would totally go for it!
We have one and we do enjoy it. I have to admit that ours has been very fickle and has lead to frustration, but if you let their customer service know about it (in time), they'll send you a new one. Another thing I don't like as much about it is that it doesn't filter everything that I'd like to see filtered, but most of the time it's great. It is fun seeing movies that I'd never otherwise watch. Brian and I actually would pay more for one if they got all the bugs worked out, but for now, it does the trick.
Post a Comment