Friday, March 7, 2008

Winter Break Blast!

Winter is so long and gloomy in Michigan, all the schools take a winter break the end of February so everyone can go off to warm places. Too bad we couldn't take off to Florida, but instead we went to the largest indoor water park in the country, the KALAHARI (Sandusky, Ohio)! It was amazing! We got a suite for 12 people which we split among four families plus another family came and joined us! We stayed one night (I really wish it could have been more)but we got to swim for two days! We were able to trade babysitting so couples could go on slides together. The kids did great and kept going with no naps. The water park was first class (hot tub,slides,boarding,wave pool,kids place) and I didn't have to worry about getting burned! Home-made Cafe Rio salads and the most intense game of Bohnanza I have ever played really topped off the trip! I can't wait to do it again next year!


This is what it looked like outside:(

And here we are all toasty inside!


Charlie had a blast with his buddies!

The toilet bowl ride! You ride down with four people on a tube and it spits you into a big bowl where you spin around until you drop down to the end. I was seriously scared the first time I went on this. I went with the three other women so it was nothing but screams. There was a video taken of the guys doing this so hopefully I can track it down and post it!

Like the tube ride but your buy yourself. The scary part is you drop into 6 feet of water and it's hard to tell when your going to go down!

Matthew and Seth tired from swimming!

Matthew swinging!

The Wave Pool!

The whole gang minus Ryan and the Garns.

The Fam! The hotel was amazing!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Guinevere said...

Hey cute girl!! I'm so glad you found our blog! What a fun little trip you took with your friends. Some of our greatest memories are trips with great friends. Michigan...what a wonderful place to be. I'm sure your family misses your terribly. Your blog is dynamite! Keep up the great work with those darling boys.

Janie said...

That looks like tons of fun! Someday I plan on going to one of these cool indoor water parks.

Tara G. said...

CAFE RIO SALADS!?!? Real ones? That looks like so much fun. We'll have to check it out. I'm getting fed up with all this snow!

Miranda said...

Wow, looks like so much fun! Hope you're well. Glad you took hiatus from the winter.

Kerri said...

too much fun! way to go taking charge and getting out of this cold for a couple days.

Kim said...

It looks and sounds like you had a blast. We could definitely take a break from the winter weather here.

Megan Marie said...

That looks so fun!

Lisa said...

So yours is the 5th blog that I've got to read about Kalihari, you all just keep rubbing it in! : )

Nora Mair said...

That looks like fun! Way to organize it all! You're looking great in a suit too.

Byron said...

It was so so fun! Thanks again for letting us join in on the Cafe Rio look a likes--they were divine, my mouth still waters thinking of all the limes. I love the picture of your fam by the elephant! Didn't think to do that, it looks great!