Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Great Pleasures of Life!

Sadly, Charlie has the flu but lucky for us he doesn't really act sick except for the occasional run for the toilet! Seth said he would be fine to stay home with the boys if I wanted to go to Church so I took him up on it. Church is COMPLETELY different without kids. I was able to focus, but I really did miss the fam! I came home from church on a great spiritual high to be greeted with the warm sent of baking bread! YIPEE! Seth made bread while I was at church! The recipe is my sister Vanessa's and it's amazing! Thanks Seth and Vanessa and Nora (she supplied key ingredients for the perfect bread).

100% Whole Wheat Bread
6 C Warm Water
2/3 C Oil
2/3 C Honey
2 T Salt
3 T Yeast
3 T Glutton
3 T Dough Enhancer
12-13 C Whole Wheat Flour
Mix for 8 min in kitchen mixer.
Let rise in loaf pans for 1 hour.
Bake 30-35 min at 350!
(We usually half it)

9 comments:

Lisa said...

What a good husband! I had a totally spiritual meeting a couple weeks ago when my kids were sick too. So sad that they have to be sick and miss church, but sometimes sweet silence is exactly what the doctor ordered!

Anonymous said...

that's so funny because I made 100% whole wheat breat yesterday too. But I'm new to making bread, what is dough enhancer and where do you get it?

Sharon said...

I'm not sure to tell you the truth but it gives you great bread. I believe you can get it at the "Kitchen Kneads" store at
7579 Redwood Rd
West Jordan, UT 84084
801-561-9616
Happy Baking!

Michelle said...

My oldest, Ben, and I were the only ones well enough for church this week. My visiting teacher was sitting behind me and kindly asked after my family. She said, "Oh I'm sorry. That's too bad." I said, "It's okay, I don't mind getting to listen to the speakers today!"

Nora Mair said...

What a great smell to walk into--and with out any work. Did you feel like Turkey lurkey--you know from the "Little Red Hen".

kesli said...

If I had gone to church and left Ryan and Ryli at home I would be welcomed home with an unmade bed, dishes in the sink, and a husband and child wondering what I was going to make to eat. Ok so Ryan is really not that bad but he certainly wouldn't have made wheat bread.

Byron said...

Sounds fabulous, Seth you are a dream! Sounds exactly like something Byron would do. Sometimes I feel like when I get away Byron will get a taste of what it is like to be home with the kids and not be able to get anything done. WRONG! He'll have all the laundry done, bread made, dinner taken to the neighbors and the snow cleared, all with the kids happy! OK, maybe not that extreme, but it feels it! Way to go, Seth!

Matt said...

Let me just add, everything Seth makes, including bread and brownies to name a couple, are great!

Unknown said...

That bread does look great. What a sweet hubby!