Sunday, September 7, 2008

Project Complete!

I've been slowly transforming my living room over the last few months. We decided it was in the countries best interest to actually spend some of the tax rebate instead of saving it all. We purchased a new ottoman and TV stand from Target, yep, high rollers! They are both black and we had a very functional book shelf in brown that didn't mix, am I sounding snobby? Anyway, since there was nothing wrong with the bookshelf, besides the color, I decided to refinish it. The problem was it wasn't quality wood, it really wasn't even wood, it was prefab. I asked the "expert" painter at Lowes and he said you just can't refinish prefab. Luckily Mandy said she had done it so I went for it. YOU CAN! With the help of a super powered sander, primer(I already had it), and a quart of paint, my bookshelf went from dated brown, to modern black. Of course none of this would have happened if it wasn't for Mandy keeping me on track...and also for Kristi for all the real expert advice, Thanks! So, if you have some cheap furniture lying around, whip out your sander and go to work!


6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Wow! Look at you! It looks really nice! Great job, and tell Mandy that I would LOVE to be her friend!:)

Tara G. said...

That looks awesome! I'm so impressed!!

Unknown said...

great job. isn't it so satisfying?

Jenny said...

Can't believe you attempted that! Two words for Sharon Go-Getter. Wow, I'm a dork!!

Hubers said...

Looks great. I'm so impressed.

Katy said...

Awesome job! I love doing this kind of thing. Okay, I don't actually love doing it, but I love the end result.