Monday, November 3, 2008

If I didn't already stand out enough...

What a perfect Halloween! The weather couldn't have been better! No coats or even jackets where needed. While trick or treating Charlie asked a few times when we were going to be done but the thought of going inside made me depressed! This is Michigan, how many more days are we going to be able to walk around in the evening without being bundled into mummies? It wasn't too hard convincing him since to continue on because he was getting so much candy! Both boys ended the night with a haul. I was a bit surprised at the quality of the candy. I think he got one pack of smarties and a whole lot of candy bars! I guess people were still willing to invest in candy this year!

I loved the reaction I got with my costume. A tall, blond Minni Mouse, a bit different but the little girls loved it!

Matthew and Charlie were the cutest Dogs around, the costumes were hand made by mom 30 years ago, I even had my turn being a dog.



The Haul!

6 comments:

Tara G. said...

Cute costumes! I think it's great that you dressed up as well. I never do it but should. I did get your message like.....3 weeks ago. Sorry I haven't called back! I can just come and pick up the bassinet one of these days. Maybe before it starts getting really cold outside.

Anonymous said...

Wow, cute costumes! Looks like Charlien and Matthew have a fun bunch of buddies to go trick-or-treating with! Love the Minnie Mouse costume!

Kim said...

What a cute Minnie! And of course the dogs are adorable. I still can't believe how they've lasted. It would be fun to count how many times those costumes have been worn. Well worth the time and effort there!
Its so great when the weather is nice on Halloween night. Ours was pretty good too. It started to sprinkle at the end, but was just about perfect.

Michael, Collette, Cassie, and Romeo said...

You are the cutest Thacker Boys in Michigan that I know!!! Mom's cute too. We miss you and love you tons! We were all sick for Halloween, gratefully, Cassie isn't old enough to understand!

Kerri said...

Major props to you for getting in on the fun instead of sitting around like a regular adult (heaven forbid) :) Loved your costume. Your boys are getting so big and it just seems like they're going to have a blast together! Keep Ann Arbor alive this winter huh?! Sorry we aren't there to help ya. We miss you!

Unknown said...

Sharon, you are too cool! I love your costume. Adults should be required to dress up on Halloween!