Zingermans! is a local sandwich shop that also includes a restaurant, creamery, and bakehouse spread throughout Ann Arbor. It's good but pricey so we've only gone a few times.
For Seth's graduation gift I gave him a Zingerman's "Bake!" class. They actually teach you how to make the bread they sell. I ended up tagging along because I hate missing fun. We took the "Wholey Whole Grains" class where we made Whole Wheat Cinnamon Raisin Bread, Rye Bread, and Seven Grain Bread.
I felt like I was on a cooking show because they pre-measure everything out for you and do all the clean-up. I learned that dough is supposed to be sticky (really sticky) while kneading and how to kneed properly. I also learned how to fold, shape, and the importance of "bread structure." In the end we came home with TEN loaves of bread between us. It was 4 hours long but I was never bored and thoroughly enjoyed the instructors (the same two guys teach all the classes). I'm so glad we did this before we left.

For Seth's graduation gift I gave him a Zingerman's "Bake!" class. They actually teach you how to make the bread they sell. I ended up tagging along because I hate missing fun. We took the "Wholey Whole Grains" class where we made Whole Wheat Cinnamon Raisin Bread, Rye Bread, and Seven Grain Bread.
I felt like I was on a cooking show because they pre-measure everything out for you and do all the clean-up. I learned that dough is supposed to be sticky (really sticky) while kneading and how to kneed properly. I also learned how to fold, shape, and the importance of "bread structure." In the end we came home with TEN loaves of bread between us. It was 4 hours long but I was never bored and thoroughly enjoyed the instructors (the same two guys teach all the classes). I'm so glad we did this before we left.
It tastes better than it looks and it looks really good!
The Cinnamon Raisin was my favorite. You never would have guessed we added mashed potatoes to it (with the skins on).
Nothing to do with Zingermans but we made these little birds nests for Young Womens and gave them to the widows in the ward with cards the girls made. Not only are they cute but they were tasty as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment