Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sleep Anyone?

How lucky am I to get to attend girls camp for the third strait year? Mandy was once again the camp leader and her assistant couldn't stay the full time so I joined in the end for some fun. I went up Friday afternoon and was bouncing around with excitement getting ready. I was trying to figure out why I love girls camp so much. It's a bit magical like Disneyland but with A LOT more emotion involved. It's nice to see girls acting like girls without being embarrassed. Plus the yummy food, singing, games, another awesome t-shirt, and lack of sleep all make it one of a kind.
The camp is just outside of Battle Creek and sits next to a beautiful lake. The whole camp is quite posh with cabins, bathrooms(showers), bunk beds, mattresses, and a big mess hall; nothing I ever experienced going to camp. We had some delicious dutch oven Lasagna and of course the testimony meeting. I love the youth of the church!
Every year the girls talk of staying up all night but I have never witnessed that, until now! I was amazed two of them were still up for an early morning run and one of them even took off in a full sprint, oh to be sixteen again...nah..




12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! My girls camps were never like that, huh Lori? You look like one of the girls!

Unknown said...

that does sound pretty posh. :) i got kicked out of my girls camp for doing pranks...oh i'm so glad i'm NOT sixteen anymore. :)

Amber A. said...

I'm a bit jealous. I'm glad you got to go and enjoy yourself. Those teens need a good example like you. Love ya!

The Simpson Family said...

Holy cow, does this bring back memories or what...remember everyother year growing up was stake girls camp, and all those nights of steal the flag. I am jealous too, it would be great to get to relive those feelings!

The Simpson Family said...

I aslo wanted to comment on your book list... I am reading A Thousand Splendid Suns, and Glass Castle too. My favorite Book ever is called These is my words (don't get turned off by the titl its about girl in the 1800's It has everything, and I promise if you red it you will cherish it too.

Byron said...

Lucky girl! I miss my YW days (the one's serving as a leader, that is!)

Tiffany said...

Wow! Cabins?! When I went to girl's camp this year, I was in a tent--just like the old days! It was still fun though! You gotta love girl's camp!

Anonymous said...

How fun! Is that a cookie dough roll in the picture??? I can't wait to join all these AA parties!

Anonymous said...

Yeah our girls camps were never like that. Looks like lots of fun.

Tara G. said...

That is my kind of camping!!! It looks like a really nice place.

Katy said...

Oh the good times! I have always wanted to go as a leader. Maybe one day! But I really only want to go if they have cabins!!! :)

Holly said...

Your short haircut is so so cute! You are even rockin' it at Girls' Camp! Way to go sexy mama!