Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Good Eats!

With it being extremely cold outside we've been spending a lot of time inside and in our kitchen to be exact. We all LOVE green smoothies! All it is is a TON of spinach, frozen fruit (big bag from Sams), a frozen banana, and fruit juice. It's creamy and sweat (you don't taste the spinach)and there's something about drinking a smoothie in February that is like giving a big raspberry to Mother Nature:) Be prepared if you add blueberries, it turns your smoothie a very "interesting" color.
I made a big batch of chocolate chip cookie dough one night and was too lazy to bake them all so I formed them into long rolls and rolled them in parchment paper and shoved them in my freezer (so I'd forget they're there). Now after dinner (or for an FHE treat) I just slice off some of the log and toss them in the toaster oven. Nine minutes later we have a little bit of heaven!
I think many of you know my fierce loyalty to Amazon. I'm starting to think they and Pandora might know me better than I know myself.
Anyway, they had this fancy scooper one night on special, I had some credit so with only ONE click I was the new owner of a cookie scooper (they make it way to easy to purchase things). This little uni-tasker has changed me life. It was bliss to make a stickier cookie (peanut butter-oatmeal-chocolate chip) and not have a mess on my fingers. Plus they were all the same size. Once again, heaven!!
I have to confess...I've only recently discovered the tasty goodness of Humus. But, It's soooo expensive. I know you can buy the huge tub at Sams but it seems to last the same amount of time as the small one. Thanks to my brilliant sister Monica, I have a delicious recipe for Humus that is better than Sabra. Oh, it's so good!!
Humus Recipe:
1 Can Chickpeas, drained
3/4 C Tahini (I think it actually tastes fine without it)
2 cloves garlic
1/2 t Cumin
1/2 C Lemon Juice
1 t salt
2 T Salt
Cayenne Pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients except lemon juice and tahini in blender and mix until smooth. Then mix in the lemon juice and then stir in the tahini!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: