Today, we had our first snow day of the school year! They plan for them in the school schedule so they are more liberal to use them. There was a HUGE storm forcasted for last night and today so we got the call yesterday (before the storm started) that there would be no school today! It was wonderful, almost like having a Saturday in the middle of the week. There was no schedule in the morning and no rush. (Seth did spend the majority of the day working on "the beast," aka dissertation)


This is Lucy's first time sitting in snow. She approved of the whole experience!

The Legos came out in the afternoon. Matthew made a car, Charlie made a plane, Seth made a loader and I made a house. It seems all the people I love have decided to buy a house. I decided to join the ban wagon so I built my own house:)
We started off with waffles because it is Wednesday after all!
I love our new waffle maker (a black Friday steal). The waffles are light and fluffy and not soggy.
mmmm, blueberry waffle
The storm actually was not nearly as big as they predicted. Almost disappointing, but the boys were out bright and early playing in it! Later in the evening they went out sledding with Seth and from what I hear, it was a good time.
This is Lucy's first time sitting in snow. She approved of the whole experience!
Later we watched Toy Story 3 and then Matthew and I went to Sams Club and Joanns. It turns out that the best time to shop is right after a big storm. The roads were all plowed and the stores deserted! It was awesome! Happy Snow Day!
1 comment:
I agree it was a great day for shopping! And, maybe you could put together a dream floor plan for me using legos, looks like a beautiful home.
Post a Comment