In an effort to keep my sanity through another Michigan gray winter, I set a goal to run a half-marathon the beginning of April. I got a random schedule off the internet and started training the first of January. After running 182 miles total in January, February, and March, I was ready to run the race.
Race morning was freezing and we got there way to early because I was so nervous. We ended up walking back to the car to warm up. Once I started running the weather was perfect. The race scenery was really ugly but there were LOTS of people to stare at. Seth's parents stayed home with the kids so Seth was waiting for me at the finish line. I finished in over two hours with my mile at 9:43! My goal was to just run a 10 minute mile so I was happy with it. Best part: NO INJURIES!!
Freezing!!
The race also also included a full marathon, marathon relay, 10k, and 5k starting at all different time. Total there were 6,000 participants. It was really crowded at first but then I had good space throughout. The only annoying thing were the relay runners who would go whizzing by...
I was so happy to see this last Martian!
Yeah for supportive husband!!
4 comments:
YOur amazing!! Training through a Michigan winter is brutal. Congratulations! I love the picture with the martian.
Congrats Sharon! So, when is the full marathon? You know you can do it if you did a half!
You are amazing!! Congratulations on doing so well!! You have arrived! :)
I'm so glad you ran that!!! Less than a 10-minute mile? That's awesome!
Post a Comment