Saturday, June 14, 2008

A perfect day for a three year old!

We truly had the perfect Saturday, Charlie especially! Listen to this amazing day he had. He woke up this morning and really wanted to "go running" with me. There was a huge yard sale going on at our neighbor coop so I thought, let's run to the yard sale. He put on his soccer shorts and we were off! We didn't find too much but we did find the jackpot. Check out this beauty! All for five bucks. It didn't have training wheels but our neighbor had an extra pair he gave us.

After he settled down from the excitement of the new bike we were off to soccer. His best friends Eddie and Mandy showed up to cheer him on. I was proud of him because he bit his lip part way through the game but he went right back out to play!

After soccer we were off to Gallup park were the Rackam Graduate school was hosting a lunch in the park. It's a HUGE beautiful park right next to the Huron river. We ate a delicious spread of food (they had it all) and the boys played forever.


We ran a few errands and they definitely deserve NO mention.
This evening we babysat one of Charlie's good friends Zoe and they spent the whole time outside riding bikes!

Needless to say, he crashed into bed tonight! There are a few days in my childhood that stand out as the "perfect day" (the day I got my red scooter) and I'm glad my child is getting some!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome day! And that food looked great! Made me want some watermelon!

Nora Mair said...

What a steal of a bike. He'll be on it every morning and wear out the back tire from skidding...or maybe he has some sence about that.

Eddie, Mandy, and baby boys said...

Go Charlie! I want a day just like that. He is such a good kid. I can't wait to see him ride his new bike and pink scooter:)

Michael, Collette, Cassie, and Romeo said...

WOW! That is a great day! It sounds like fun - wish we could have been there! We love you guys!