Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Right Hydrocelectomy..

Charlie went into to the Mott's Children Hospital today for a Hyrocelectomy. If you want all the details on what that entails feel free to click the link. Seth and I were nervous because it was his first time getting a general anesthetic. We decided it was best not to tell him much but it was hard to see him so confused when it all went down. Right after we checked in Eddie stopped by to say hi to Charlie and see how we were doing. He wasn't assigned to our case but was friends with the anesthesiologist who was and said we were in good hands.


After we got all checked in they gave him some strong medication that made him really groggy and silly. When it was time for him to go back they brought out a little red wagon for him to ride back in (I would say it was really "cute" if it were not for the situation). Charlie looked really terrified but thankfully for the drugs he went back without a problem. After two really long hours they came and told us everything went great!

This is right after the surgery, before the morphine:(

This is after a morphine shot and a really long nap:)

Charlie with all his loot from Grandma Thacker, Thank You!!

It was nearly five when we got home so thanks to an awesome visiting teacher we sat down to eat dinner. Charlie exclaimed that he couldn't have dinner because he never ate breakfast(he wasn't aloud to eat anything this morning). He got cereal..
We are so grateful everything went so well!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy! I bet you guys were so nervous and scared while he was in surgery! Glad everything went well.

Hubers said...

I'm glad everything went well too! Isn't Mott's great?!?!

Hubers said...

P.S. We just found out here in Iowa that Isaac might have this too instead of an undescended teste. We'll find out more in a month.

Michael, Collette, Cassie, and Romeo said...

Good Job Thacker Family! You worry so much when your kids have to go to the hospital. Don't worry, he won't remember much as he grows up. I don't! Congrats on the surgery going well and we hope he heals fast - 'cuz Aunt Effie is coming to play!

Tiffany said...

I'm glad the procedure went so well!
He seemed pretty happy when the sweets started coming--that's a good sign.
Goodies are the best part of hospital visits.

The Cherry Family said...

Congratulations on being done!! I hope eveything was okay for Charlie.

Brooke said...

I bet it is so nice to have it over with. I HATE that feeling in a hospital after you hand over your baby. Hooray for so many wonderful health care professionals worthy of the trust! I'm so glad everything went well!

Unknown said...

I hope Charlie is recovering well and that the painkillers are making life bearable at the Thacker home! Bless your hearts, I'll bet that was hard to see your son go through that. Here's to a speedy recovery! I love you, Chuckles.

-Miranda

Curt and Naomi said...

Aww I wish I had known! I would have given him a HHUUUGE hug at Cold stone when we saw you last!

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday SHARON!!!---yesterday! :)
The big 2-5- Congratulations!

Lindsey Keele said...

Hey, our little Jett had the same thing. His eventually healed up and went away on his own. We just thought he was blessed with gargantuan gonads, until the Doc told us otherwise.