Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A quarter of a century!

Wow! The 25th birthday really makes you stop and think. Seth was kind enough to purchase two packages of candles so I could have the correct amount on the cake! I truly am loving life and hopefully getting wiser along the way.
Having your birthday on a Saturday is such a bonus. I asked (begged) Seth to go running with me that morning because Natalie is STILL gone. He went along with me and did awesome. He really loves running, he just doesn't know it. I'm so glad we did because I spent the rest of the day constantly eating!!
Aunt Effie came into town the night before to add to the fun! Charlie was so excited he couldn't focus on anything. She was able to come with us to watch him play in his final soccer game. He got a gushy bloody knee but the trophy at the end was the highlight!


After soccer we headed to Grizzly Peaks to enjoy yummy homemade mac and cheese and of course sweet potato fries! AMAZING! We headed home for a nice round of naps!

That evening Effie was kind enough to babysit the kids so Seth and I could head of to Eddie's residency graduation! We felt so honored to support him in his accomplishment. It was fun to get all dressed up and go out with Seth. Plus, the company and STEAK were amazing!



Seth made an amazing chocolate birthday cake with a rich ganache frosting! Yum! Matthew caught me sneaking it for breakfast this morning and I had to share. I should be a better example.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great day!

The Simpson Family said...

So fun the memories that your birthday brings up!! I will never forget that you have a longer brithday than anyone else. Do I sound jealous? I am!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Chocolate cake for breakfast is truly the best! We miss you guys!

Hubers said...

Happy Birthday. I didn't realize that you were that much younger than me.
I hope have an amazing year!

Missy said...

Happy birthday Sharon!

Jonah's Place said...

Yeah for birthdays! What a fabulous birthday that went on all week-love it. We're glad you could come to Eddie's graduation dinner. You guys rock!

Tiffany said...

I know I already said it, but...Happy Birthday!
And from the looks of it, I'd say you did! :)
..Wish I could have celebrated with you!
Some other year, perhaps! :)

Meg said...

Happy Birthday! That cake looks so good! Hope it was a good day for you!

Brooke said...

Happy Late Birthday! We are the same age again! High five. :)